Hey everybody! Marta Han from AvePoint here all over again. The third day at Microsoft Ignite was a lot of same — lots to complete, see, and discover. Today, working together and collaboration were the language on everyone’s lips through the conference. Microsoft 365 is a huge toolset offering types of tools that you should efficiently get work done, Teams – it’s a inner loop where individuals you train with regularly on core projects. One querry is still though, where will i begin a conversation to initiate my working together?
- Yammer – it’s an outer loop where individuals you interact with freely over the organization.
- Outlook – it’s ubiquitous for targeted communications.
- SharePoint – it’s where you place your files, sites, and content.
- Groups – it’s a subscription service managed through all of the Microsoft 365 applications like Azure Active Directory across Outlook, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Planner, Yammer, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams which use Groups.
Several enhancements to Groups management were announced at Ignite today. Microsoft also shared the particular groups roadmap with everyone. Additional features include:
- Group naming policy – pertains to all apps. Ensures group names follow your organization’s schema. You should use fixed strings or Active Directory attributes as prefixes and/or suffixes, and define custom blocked words.
- Group Expiration policy – You can now set expiration policies on specific groups and groups over the age of the required period will expire instantly. The expired groups could be restored within thirty days. Group proprietors can get notified to consider renewal action around the group.
- Group soft delete and restore – Deleted groups as well as their particular application content are stored for no more than thirty days. The deleted group and it is content could be restored through the Exchange admin center or PowerShell.
- Group guest access – It enables safe working together outdoors the firewall.
If you wish to find out more about groups so when to make use of what for working together, take a look at our playbook for Groups!