Isn’t it time to seize control of the company’s data? Download a totally free trial in our award-winning DocAve software platform!
For Part 2 of the publish, click the link.
Because of unique small business, enabling an exterior user inside your company’s Office 365 tenant has become a choice. Individuals from outdoors from the tenant domain is now able to asked in or shared use of documents, libraries or sites. The problem arises, though, when individuals outdoors users leave traces within the Office 365 tenant by means of produced and modified documents. It could cause potential risks like:
- Disclosing trade secrets
- Accidental deletion of core documents/contracts
- Illegal or non-conforming changes/actions
- Not reasonable assignment of permissions
You may even observe that some exterior users have continued to be dormant to have an extensive time without any activity within the tenant. Hence it’s time to evaluate the opportunity to monitor and find out the activity of exterior users. This is when AvePoint’s SharePoint Report Center is necessary.
How you can Identify Exterior User Activity at work 365
AvePoint’s Cloud Management Report Center supplies a are convinced that can display organizations the game of exterior users on either SharePoint Online. Furthermore, one can market to a particular exterior user to see his/her activity. In AvePoint’s Cloud Management Report Center Module, visit Compliance Reports/Auditor Reports after which discover the User Lifecycle Report to obtain the activity of exterior users!
The detailed steps are listed below:
1. Open DocAve 6, visit Report Center -> Compliance Report
The page is really as follows:
2. Click Auditor Reports, and choose User Lifecycle:
3. Input the specific Report Profile:
4. Configure looking scope and choose the node you want to look:
5. Configure URL Filter, Action Filter and User Filter:
- Action Filter (Pick the action you want to monitor):
- Choose Include all exterior users in User Filter
- Type Filter: Define the amount of looking scope.
- Click Save Profile and Run Report to create the report. Click Job Monitor to determine the current status.
Being an organization, you may want to grant exterior users use of your workplace 365 tenant. However, you might progressively start noticing if some external users have continued to be dormant without any activity within the tenant. That is why the opportunity to monitor and find out the activity of exterior users is really essential, and why we’re proud to offer AvePoint’s DocAve SharePoint Report Center to provide reports for SharePoint On the internet and SharePoint On-Prem environments!
Want to understand more about monitoring and securing your workplace 365 tenant? Read Part 2 here.