Hungry for additional on Microsoft Teams templates? Watch our on-demand web seminar “Empower Hour: Teams Templates & Some Tips” for many handy insights.
Applications included in Microsoft Teams allow it to be the Hub for Work by delivering integrated encounters to users utilizing a unified canvas. Teams apps can empower your company, office, and firstline workers allowing them make the most of your backend systems all in the palm of the hands.
If you mention bots and Teams within the same sentence, generally you’ll get feedback that bots and apps—except individuals within the store—can take days or perhaps several weeks to obtain off the floor. In a nutshell, they’re projects which is frequently difficult to see what’s the return of investment with benefits.
This is where Teams Application Templates and Power Virtual Agents are available in having the ability to extend Teams with bots rapidly. You are able to integrate Application Template bots right into a production within hrs, and Power Virtual Agents are quicker than by using an easy conversation flow.
When your real-world situation, you usually perform the first tests and proofs inside a development or testing atmosphere. It’s here where one can see what value you’re going to get in the application/bot and just how well they fit the requirements inside your organization. The key here is you can start your bot Proof-Of-Concept (POC) within hrs!
How will you extend Teams using these apps?
First, it’s vital that you condition that bots are apps too. They’re just more conversational within their nature than, say, delivering a note via Teams to each user inside your organization.
Apps extend Teams often including:
- Tab applications (like PowerBI reports or SharePoint pages inside a funnel tab)
- Message Extensions (like Praise or Stream)
- Message Actions (like developing a Polly poll with different single message)
- Notifications from various apps. Rather of examining the application every 10 mins, you are able to act as soon as you receive the notification.
- Getting apps to Teams. PowerApps could be introduced into Teams without changes, SharePoint web parts (SPFx) can be included to Teams as apps with minor changes.
- Getting bots you should use inside a conversational way (and that may be made more potent and much more interactive with adaptive cards)
Some ways to use bots in a variety of organizations include:
- FAQs. These may save your valuable organization some time and help you to get solutions without involving IT along the way
- Several forms (IT support/team/travel/break as well as other demands)
- Asking information in the back finish (available vacation days/saldo hrs, updating private information, etc.)
- Reporting leads, getting customer or project information, reporting hrs, requesting assistance, and so forth
As possible seen, bots are extremely versatile and could be utilized in many processes. Rather of completing an ordinary form, bots allow you to respond to questions interactively. Around the one hands, these bots already use mobile Teams. However, attempting to fit just any type right into a bot conversation won’t perform some just do not work correctly. Rather of attempting to recreate your present processes 1:one in Teams, reconsider what’s essential and how the procedure might be best based on Teams bots (or any other platform abilities).
What Exactly Are Teams Application Template Bots?
These bots are production-ready packages you are able to deploy and begin using inside your Teams. They will use several Azure sources, so you must have enough permissions to spin up sources along with a appropriate subscription when doing the deployment.
All application templates are open-source and are available with source code that you could download, edit, and apply much more. This method for you to also look into the application internals in case your organization needs a review process. In addition, there’s information in every apps’ architecture as well as cost estimates.
There are many benefits you receive from application templates:
- They create simple to use to obtain began. It’s not necessary to become a developer to deploy these.
- You receive more knowledge of how you can utilize Teams being an application platform.
- If POC/test/pilot proves these apps suit your needs, you are able to deploy these to your production
- For developers they function as a kickstart and example code of the items utilizing a number of different Teams application abilities can perform
There are many different template apps as well as several Teams bots that are offered. Let’s explore the next two which i’ve discovered to be probably the most helpful for enterprises.
This bot enables you to definitely coordinately send messages to Teams, specific team people, in order to everybody within the organization. When compared with Power Automate “looped message sending” this can be a extremely swift and price-efficient way to transmit messages of important news, bulletins, or updates in a grand scale, it may send roughly 8,000 messages in 30 minutes.
This application/bot hybrid enables you to definitely track how lengthy delivering messages required. Since there’s some telemetry data stored, additionally, it supplies a foundation and illustration of building that into Teams apps.
Company Communicator continues to be very effective and even for good reason it had been broadly used in this spring’s crisis to create communication quick and easy in quickly altering situations.
FAQ Plus Bot (v2)
Does your business require a FAQ bot that’s easy to setup? Would you likewise need the choice to make contact with an individual when the bot doesn’t supply the answer you’re searching for? FAQ Plus Bot v2 does exactly that. Its understanding is made of located in QnA Maker database (Azure) and therefore it’s relatively good language understanding with regards to finding solutions to questions.
You may also make use of this bot to make contact with a specialist either with no answer reference or by asking additional information concerning the answer. The inquiry goes right to the expert’s team (HR, for example) plus they can answer the requestor directly using Teams chat/call. They may add new question and answer pairs from within Microsoft Teams, which addresses the greatest issue that’s been plaguing QnA Maker bots: how to help keep the database up-to-date easily. The team may also track if some questions haven’t been taken proper care of.
FAQ Plus bot v2 may be used being produced as-is and can serve several organizations in the current form. However, the actual benefit of using FAQ Plus v2 is you can learn to manipulate and employ QnA Maker database and make processes that update its content. You may also extend the bot to incorporate automatic task assignment and fix it for your current processes.
As you can tell, you are able to cover lots of topics having a single QnA database. To find the best result, however, you need to separate different topics and deploy a number of versions of bots for your organization: HR bot, IT, Payroll, and so forth. In a nutshell, all support units inside your organization which use many people time for you to answer repeating questions can usually benefit from this application template bot.
Some Training Learned
Following a couple of several weeks of tinkering with Teams Application Template apps I’ve got a couple of training learned:
- When you are deploying the application, observe that they default to compensated subscriptions and models. It’s important to adjust the car-renew setting for payment if you wish to avoid this expense (particularly if you’re running several bots simultaneously).
- Always produce a new Resource Group whenever you deploy any application template application to Azure. It can make the management much simpler since each one of these create several Azure sources and also the naming isn’t necessarily self-documenting.
- Before selecting an area for that Resource Group double-make sure that the location you’re considering supports individuals sources which are indexed by the app’s deployment guide
- Whenever a unique name is needed, invent a really unique name. When the application base resource name can be used by any Azure application anywhere your deployment will fail. Develop something which has your business inside it. Note: in addition, there’s an optimum length.
- When the deployment fails: look into the error, learn, delete the resource group, and begin again.
- Hold back until Azure operations are complete before proceeding with deployment, cancelling deployment, deleting an origin group, etc.)
- Continue examining the Azure cost estimates so guess what happens the expense are and will also be
- After experimenting, delete any bots that you won’t be utilising (particularly if they’re this is not on free tier).
- Knowing you’re likely to personalize the bot then speak to your developers and encourage them to be engaged before you decide to deploy the bot to some production or test atmosphere. It will likely be simpler to create changes whether they have the baseline ready and may do updates to bots—possibly with DevOps.
For that complete listing of presently available Application Templates and descriptions, go on and visit Microsoft’s Application Templates page.
Teams Application Templates enable you to get began with Profession Teams applications and therefore are quick-start templates that may be customized to fit your specific needs.
Power Virtual Agents
Should you think it is fast to obtain began with Teams bots using Application Templates then you’ve seen nothing yet!
The brand new awesome player around is Power Virtual Agents. These agents are available in a bundle which has everything: the woking platform, AI, machine learning, integrations, along with a design canvas. With Power Virtual Agents you may create versatile conversational bots with no code or knowledge of machine learning/AI, and you may even connect these to business processes without having to be a developer having a coding background. Power Automate may be used to extend conversational processes, with this #lowcode platform you should use sources and do actions both interior and exterior Office 365.
Whenever you join a brand new Power Virtual Agent service it takes only about fifteen minutes to get a good example bot in position. Modifying example topics/setup to fit your immediate needs can be achieved in only minutes. Obviously, it frequently takes considerably longer since the operation is iterative and also you rarely possess the design completed in advance. If you’ve just got some simple Q&A questions it doesn’t have a lengthy time, but companies normally have bigger needs.
What’s especially great about PVAs is the language understanding (restricted to British at this time). It’s not necessary to define topics for each possible variation—instead, the PVA platform will attempt to determine that which you meant and pick pathways according to that. It’s shown to be rather helpful within my experiments, and it is simple to edit these topics later too. You will find, this is accomplished with no coding inside a visual design canvas.
Power Virtual Agents could be printed to many different channels (mobile phone applications, websites, Skype, etc.) but we’re here to speak about Microsoft Teams. Teams SSO is incorporated in the roadmap with this summer time. In addition, there’s a product around the roadmap that enables users to write an electrical Virtual Agent like a bot to Teams while using push of the mouse (presently you have to generate a Teams application manifest that connects towards the PVA bot). This sounds harder than it truly is, but it’ll be even simpler later on.
Also, it is important to know there are reporting/analytics tools readily available for Power Virtual Agents so usage and success could be tracked and bots could be improved.
Get Began with Power Virtual Agents
If you are a new comer to Power Virtual Agents (PVA), I suggest:
Getting an improvement and/or any other test tenant. A good way to obtain the first is a subscription towards the Microsoft 365 developer program. Then visit the Power Virtual Agents primary screen and join the trial. This trial can last for thirty days and could be extended for an additional thirty days next. That is why it’s good to utilize a separate DEV atmosphere for that first test run therefore the organization’s PVA trial can be used as Proof-Of-Concept (POC).
Following the free trial you’ll need to enroll in the actual PVA subscription. During the time of writing, it is $1,000 for just two,000 sessions monthly, with a lot more sessions costing $450 per 1,000 sessions. A session ends when the user ends the chat session, the chat is more than an hour, or maybe it’s greater than 100 “turns” (exchanges of messages from a user along with a bot). The PVA portal comes with an embedded bot test chat: by using this doesn’t count towards sessions. However, testing in Teams or perhaps in other channels does count.
Since Power Virtual Agents are conversational anyway, they’re not able to utilise all individuals Teams features like “real Teams app” bots can. For instance, you can’t presently add adaptive cards of your within the bot, nor are you able to email a funnel because this bot. That stated, it’s useful to think about where these bots are the most useful, what else could you increase all of them with Power Automate and skills (yes, you can include skills to PVA bots), and just what you depart with other apps to deal with.
Microsoft includes a great guide regarding how to create the first bot.
Power Virtual Agents are a good Asset!
Power Virtual Agents would be the new “superpower” answering to rapidly altering or rising needs. Mixing the conversational AI “magic” with Power Automate enables power users and citizen developers to digitalize conversational processes super rapidly.
Don’t wait but get began using these #nocode #locode Application Template & Power Virtual Agent bots!
.. they aren’t frightening whatsoever!