Want to maintain everything AvePoint has happening at Microsoft Ignite 2018? Take a look at our Ignite hub for session info, speaker bios, blog updates on tech bulletins and much more!
Wish to compensate for other Ignite sessions? Browse the remainder of our coverage below:
Microsoft devotees have descended upon Orlando to take the sights (or sites), sounds, sessions, not to mention Satya’s keynote, at Ignite. This really is Microsoft’s greatest event for this pros and enterprise professionals—in fact over 26,000 individuals from over 100 countries have been in attendance.
Industry heavy hitters like Shaun Teper, Corporate V . P . of Microsoft, and Lori Wright, Gm Microsoft 365, became a member of forces to provide “Modern Working together: Transform Collaboration and Communications with Microsoft 365” to unveil the most recent advancements in Microsoft Teams, Yammer, SharePoint, Outlook, and much more. In situation you missed it, here’s what’s new in Teams across conferences, devices, calling, collaboration and application development.
However, some exciting news! Are you aware that Teams may be the fastest growing application in Microsoft’s history? Actually, everyone’s uniting and dealing as you simply because they know TEAMS WIN!
- 329,000 organizations use Teams
- 87 from the Fortune 100 companies uses Teams
- Teams supports 44 languages
- 54 Teams customers have over 10,000 daily active users
This session was damaged lower into four key areas:
- Content Collaboration: Presented by Shaun Teper, Corporate VP of Microsoft ‘office’
- Conferences: Presented by Heidi Gloudemans, Director Product Marketing, Microsoft Teams, and Jace Moreno, Microsoft Teams Developer Platform Lead
- Industries (workflows & verticals): Presented by Keara James, Product Marketing Manager and Kathy Minnis, Director
- IT Teams: Anne Michels, Group Project Manager
Teams is powering the very best-in-class communication abilities with content collaboration.
- Yammer tab in Teams: You can now include relevant Yammer groups directly in Teams for simple access and engagement with the addition of them like a tab in almost any team funnel.
- Screen discussing from private chat: Wherever you’re or what device you’re on, you can now share your whole desktop or perhaps a specific window from a personal chat session. You may also collaborate on content together.
- Seamless collaboration between Teams and SharePoint: Getting collaboration abilities directly into the canvas! Soon you can make the most of everything SharePoint provides. With SharePoint libraries inside your Files tab you’ll can produce a custom view or pin a document. Plus, you can add SharePoint lists and SharePoint Framework web posts as tabs inside your team’s funnel that links to some SharePoint blog publish. Ok last one, and in addition, there’s a News Archive tab.
- Outlook mobile: A message card has become obtainable in Outlook mobile. Whenever you create an e-mail striking the paperclip to connect personal files, you’ll mention the newest listing of files and it’ll also insert the file’s link. Plus, at the begining of 2019, you can add a web-based Teams Meeting choice to your calendar occasions and enroll in a Teams Conferences from Outlook mobile.
Teams is making the conferences experience fantastic before! Take a look at what’s new for the conferences.
- Background blur: Now, you are able to remove distractions out of your call and concentrate on the meeting at hands.
- Meeting recording: Immediately record, store and playback your meeting. Meeting recording will capture audio, video and content. You are able to listen to it right from the start, go forward towards the finish, switch on captions, pull-up a transcript, and perform a keyword search to locate your company name or perhaps a specific word. This selection can be obtained now!
- Live event streaming: Turn your conferences into live occasions that may be utilized by as much as 10,000 participants. This selection is presently in preview.
- Certified for Microsoft Teams: The program allows customers to discover devices which are both certified and based on Microsoft.
- 3rd party hardware partners: You’ll need devices which are designed for the spaces in which you work. Take a look at Microsoft’s new and totally awesome hardware partner devices at Microsoft Teams Devices.
Industries (Workflows & Verticals)
Microsoft Teams is customizable for everyone a multitude of needs, tailored to both industry-specific and role-based workflows. Within this session, Microsoft announced new abilities in Teams to make sure firstline workers get more tasks completed when they were young-to-day roles.
- Home is really a new experience of Teams that gives all of the important and relevant information firstline workers must make sure they complete the job. With Home, they are able to clock interior and exterior shifts or breaks, discover who’s working, review schedules, and much more.
- Shifts is really a new schedule management tool in Teams that enables workers to request time off work, swap a shift, set their availability or supply their shift…all from the mobile phone. Managers can plan schedules within an worker self-service and integrated experience. They are able to create, update and distribute schedules for teams, broadcast open shifts, review and accept time off work demands and approve shift swaps.
For industries with elevated security and compliance needs, Teams is releasing two new secure messaging features which support HIPAA compliance and let clinicians communicate about patients while staying away from privacy risks.
- Image annotation: Begin a chat, have a photo, annotate it, request a consultation, after which receive and send all of them on the secure platform. Policies is going to be set up to avoid images and knowledge from being stored on the mobile phone or local drive.
- Priority notifications: Send a sudden message that instantly triggers a sudden notification. It’ll appear around the recipient’s device every two minutes for approximately 20 minutes continuously.
Both Home and Shifts is going to be available soon in Teams, and Microsoft StaffHub is going to be upon the market on October 1, 2019. Image annotation has become available and priority notifications will roll by the finish of the season to any or all Teams commercial customers. Teams has launched a personal preview of Care Coordination to coordinate patient care, host conferences and fasten the woking platform with Electronic Health Records.
IT teams are in the centre of the Microsoft technology. Many additional features have previously launched to reduce the responsibility on admins, and also the rest are closer than you think!
- Easy Teams upgrade: Give PowerShell a rest. Soon you can create new teams according to guidelines and training. With Team Templates, you can pre-define team’s channels, apps, and tabs for consistency. Define team settings and auto-favorite the channels.
- Dynamic membership rule: Soon Teams will support the development of teams from Dynamic Groups. Reduce overhead and make Teams from Office 365 groups having a dynamic membership rule. Their membership is going to be managed dynamically in line with the user’s Azure Active Directory (AAD) then when a user’s AAD attributes changes, they’ll instantly be added in or taken off they in line with the rules.
- Admin center Teams management: Their email list of teams will come in Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business Admin Center. Click “Teams,” after which “Manage Teams” to determine their email list. You can handle membership, add or remove channels, change settings, produce a new team, personalize it, and add people too!
- Security and patient confidentiality: Apply information protection policies in Intune having a Data Leak Protection (DLP) policy that ensures staff are only able to save sensitive information to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint instead of the personal storage. Customers will quickly have the ability to apply information protection policies to Outlook mobile emails that may potentially contain sensitive information.
- Loss of data prevention in Teams chat: Loss Of Data Prevention (DLP) in Teams will allow you to watch, identify, and instantly safeguard sensitive data. Soon you can create policies from the safety and Compliance Center to safeguard sensitive information, and individuals policies will affect private chat and funnel conversations. If your message is distributed which contains sensitive information, it’ll immediately be blocked.
As Microsoft continues building technology advances for contemporary working together, you also should still harness and amplify the strength of Microsoft 365 in your organization. Look out for a lot of more thrilling updates as Ignite continues producing enjoyable surprises and should-haves.
Want to maintain what we’re doing at Ignite? Make sure to sign up for our Ignite e-newsletter to get a regular digest of what’s happening in the conference.