Learn to setup different policies for departments discussing exactly the same Office 365 tenant with this free web seminar “Tailoring Microsoft Teams & Delegating Administration at work 365!” on August seventh at 11:00 AM EST.
Among the core missions of Office 365 would be to provides you with the productivity tools you have to correctly optimize your workflows. For this finish, the woking platform offers two primary options: Microsoft Planner (task management for the team), and Microsoft To-Do (task management on your own).
In the current publish, we’re likely to break lower what Microsoft To-Do is, why it’s helpful, and the way to obtain the absolute most from the applying. Let’s dive in!
What Microsoft To-Do Is
Microsoft To-Do is mainly intended for planning and monitoring personal tasks. To that particular finish, that you can do from creating color-coded lists to breaking your tasks lower into obvious, manageable steps. You may also utilize it to:
- Pre-plan your days through the aptly named “My Day” daily planner
- Set reminders
- Set deadlines
- Configure notifications
- Manage the suggestions above with an intuitive desktop or mobile interface
- And much more!
Just like any tool, it is also important to understand what Microsoft To-Do isn’t able to. While multi-accounts are supported, they’re not able to be merged. And list share, regrettably, isn’t supported between personal Microsoft accounts and business accounts.
So, should you desired to transfer a listing you had been assembling at the office for your personal account to make use of that weekend, you will not have the ability to right out the application. The mobile application helps to treat this problem, however.
Why It’s Helpful
All individuals features are fine and dandy, but exactly how will the application set itself in addition to the large number of other planners available on the market? Well, when it comes to effectiveness, Microsoft To-Do provides you with the ability to:
- Share these lists with buddies and colleagues
- Create subtasks to higher track multi-layered responsibilities
- Sync tasks between Outlook and also to-Provide for persistent tracking
- Add attachments to tasks for convenience
- Flag your emails for tasks to be included to your planner
- Make the most of mobile emojis to personalize your lists
Ways to get the most from It
Though Microsoft To-Do is rather intuitive, it never hurts to possess a couple of extra tips about hands that will help you hit the floor running. Listed here are a couple of handy items of info you’ll wish to bear in mind while using the application the very first time:
- Utilize Dark Mode around the desktop application in order to save your vision from unnecessary strain
- Tagging is supported
- More about attachments:
- Limitless figures
- Photos are just attachable on Android iPhone isn’t presently supported
- Pens (e.g. the top pen) are supported around the desktop application
- More about altering emojis/icons inside your list:
- Mobile phone applications: Built-in emojis
- Desktop application: Select from a listing (small group supported)
- Browser isn’t supported (only copy is supported)
- Task management can be treated via swipes on mobile
- Right swipe=move task to My Day
- Left swipe=delete tasks
- Tasks that aren’t finished eventually can be simply reviewed rescheduled the following day
Have tips of the own that you would like to see other readers? We’d like to use whatever you need to be part of your comments ought to below!