Posted on
onedrive

Considering that daa is really a controlled organisation, they’ve taken a far more conservative and careful method of Office 365 driven mainly by their partners who help deliver their mission-critical systems.

The organisation realized they require another-party backup solution because the standard Microsoft 90-day retention period for deleted content wasn’t sufficient to satisfy their internal retention policies.

avepoint

Following advice from exterior analysts like Gartner, daa also made the decision to produce an exit strategy from Office 365 within the highly unlikely event they choose to escape from the woking platform.

“To support this tactic, we wanted a completely independent place for our data,” mentioned Kevin Ryan, IT operations team lead at daa.

The AvePoint Solution

After performing extensive researching the market, AvePoint Cloud Backup was the only real product which met all of their operational also it security needs.

Their security needs incorporated file encryption of information, multi-factor authentication, ISO 27001:2013 compliance, and knowledge deletion via GDPR Article 17.

“The best way to possess full defense against ransomware is to purchase a 3rd party backup solution like AvePoint Cloud Backup,” stated Ryan.

avepoint

Operationally, they wanted an answer that may backup multiple Office 365 workloads in a granular (item/permissions) level whilst protecting them against potential malicious insiders.

The onboarding and support experience exceeded their expectations. “One from the other impressive reasons for AvePoint, is the support. Getting labored with multiple vendors and providers as well as other sizes and structures of support through the years, I would need to state that AvePoint support expires there using the best, in my opinion.”

The Conclusion

daa continues to be using AvePoint Cloud Backup for 3 many continues to be very impressed using the usability from the SaaS product.

“Ease useful really sticks out with this product – it simply works. From your operational perspective, I’m obsessive about minimising complexity,” mentioned Ryan. It releases they to complete what they need to do this they stay interested and engaged. It keeps our stakeholders happy – everyone wins!” mentioned Ryan.

avepoint

This really is in stark contrast for their backup solution for his or her on-premises data that spans 20 servers, four separate SANS and needs a group to aid.

Presenting four different restore points every day seemed to be a significant change for daa, only one that save their users and admins “quite a while.”

Overall, daa has already established a really positive experience.

“AvePoint supplies a modern service and it is a business that appears to possess really thought on how to make our way of life simpler, while make sure that our information is protected,” mentioned Ryan.office 365

daa

daa is really a global airport terminal and travel retail group with companies in 13 countries. The organisation is a member of the Irish Condition and headquartered at Dublin Airport terminal. It manages Dublin and Cork airports and it has overseas airport terminal operations and investments in Cyprus, Germany, and Saudi Arabia.

Their travel retail subsidiary ARI also offers outlets in Europe, The United States, the center East, India, and Asia-Off-shore. daa offers worldwide aviation advisory services. daa has about 4,000 users which about 60 % are understanding workers using the remaining 40 % composed of kiosk/firstline workers who operate in roles for example maintenance.

Browse the full situation study here.


Want more AvePoint success tales? Sign up for our blog!