- Migration of existing SharePoint settings and configurations to a different atmosphere
- Zero downtime during SharePoint site migrations
- Reduced costs connected with redundant, obsolete and trivial (ROT) content by appropriately archiving and expiring 46 percent of legacy SharePoint sites (greater than 500).
- Fully performed migration in 12 several weeks having a group of four internal employees overseeing the work
- Operational financial savings
- Scheduled migration to make sure zero downtime
“My advice for individuals searching emigrate into Office 365 would be to make certain you evaluate your solution provider. We view tools and repair teams that do not work. The tool is clearly essential, but make certain the migration services will also be as much as componen. We recommend using AvePoint.”
–Chahid Bibi, Application Manager Hydro
Hydro made the decision emigrate to Office 365 rigtht after the finish-of-existence announcement for SharePoint 2010. To prevent just as much extended support as you possibly can, they set a 12-month timeline for that project from discovery to produce.
Hydro immediately understood another-party solution will be a necessity to satisfy their needs which incorporated:
- Timeline: Thinking about their internal IT team had four people plus they were given the job of moving greater than 1,000 sites, a 12-month timeline would be a pretty tight change.
- Settings & Configurations: As you would ever guess, getting 13,000 users reside in a SharePoint 2010 in excess of eight years leads to numerous special settings and configurations that become important to the company. Part of the migration ended up being to bring these over as precisely as you possibly can.
- Uptime: Because of so many employees continuously working within SharePoint, it had been business important to keep service disruption in an absolute minimum.
After evaluating multiple leading migration solutions, Hydro made the decision that AvePoint DocAve Migrator checked all of their needs, but additionally provided a high-notch services department.
”Our primary reason behind selecting AvePoint was the standard and evidence of concept,” stated Chahid Bibi, Application Manager, Hydro. “We checked out the marketplace and saw that AvePoint’s tool was very capable. The AvePoint team understand how to get the job done so we were very satisfied.”
Project Manager Viktor Homola, had previous knowledge about migrations and understood much of the legacy content will have to be either archived or discarded.
After using AvePoint’s Discovery Tool, Hydro made the decision to discard 233 sites and archive 340 sites. This left 661 user-accessible sites and 550 gigabytes to become migrated intro SharePoint Online
For Hydro’s IT team, AvePoint Services would be a value add and pressure multiplier. Instead of invest time to get experts in all aspects of a migration, which will be a temporary demand for organization, they made the decision to handle the work with the aid of the AvePoint services team.
“I believe it is an excellent achievement our small team, based on AvePoint, achieved our goal to possess our content migrated, with as numerous settings as you possibly can, and user mapping without any disruption,“ stated Viktor Homola, Project Manager, Hydro.
Since Hydro has migrated fully into Office 365, they’ve made the decision to embrace the entire suite of applications including Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Power BI, and much more.
They’ve found their users happen to be adopting and tackling these extra applications and also have already produced over 150 active Groups.
Using the higher level of satisfaction introduced with this recent migration in to the cloud, Hydro intends to continue dealing with AvePoint to carry out a tenant to tenant migration because of a current acquisition.
We have spent carefully with AvePoint Services, Viktor with confidence claim it was the good thing of dealing with AvePoint.
“To me, the manifestation of a really well managed service organization happens when the handover of projects goes with no issues.” stated Viktor.
Final Ideas: “My advice for individuals searching emigrate into Office 365 would be to make certain you evaluate your solution provider. We view tools and repair teams that do not work. The tool is clearly essential, but make certain the migration services will also be as much as componen. We recommend using AvePoint,” stated Chahid.
Hydro is definitely an aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, mixing local expertise, worldwide achieve and unmatched abilities in R&D. Hydro exists within all areas for aluminium, with sales and buying and selling activities through the value chain.
Located in Norwegian and rooted in greater than a century of expertise in alternative energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is dedicated to strengthening the viability of their customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
Browse the full situation study here.