Uncover surprising methods to optimize workplace productivity with this latest web seminar “Tailoring Microsoft Teams For Optimum Productivity” today!
Read our other Microsoft Ignite 2020 session recaps below:
With Microsoft Teams being a bigger factor than ever before this season, it’s natural that Teams admins may wish to extend their management abilities. Microsoft’s Ronit Ben-Sheffer and James Stark met up to showcase some handy additional features which should streamline a couple of major facets of Microsoft Teams administration.
After groing through exactly what the Teams Admin Center has already been able to, Ronit and James dove into why is the brand new additions so exciting.
Policy Assignment to several Users
Policies in Microsoft Teams give admins the ability to personalize their Teams experience to meet the requirements of the users. Whereas admins would formerly need to assign these custom policies to users one-by-one or produce a Powershell script, bulk policy assignment:
- Has become open to groups as high as 50k users
- Is propagated to people from the group based on priority rules
- Supports ranking capacity when users fit in with multiple groups
- Supports policies for calling, call park, conferences, meeting live occasions, messaging, Teams, and channels
Application integration is really a core area of the Teams experience, therefore it only is sensible that Microsoft has focused so heavily on easing the processes of application developers, admins, and finish users. Enhancements include:
- Custom application submission API
- Easily share apps from Power Platform
- Purchase licenses via a streamlined interface
- Configure apps (Presently provided with Praise, but more is going to be added)
- Access application permissions and seamlessly grant accept to apps
- Rapidly add/install apps to Teams from the central interface
- Custom application store branding (color plan, emblem, etc.)
Voice Configuration Management
Currently when a lot of us are working at home, the telephone system abilities of Microsoft Teams tend to be more critical than in the past. Contributing to Teams’ already impressive set of features, Microsoft announced that users will have the ability to:
- Search and get new phone figures from Microsoft
- Port existing figures into Teams
- Configure SBC connectivity if you wish to keep the existing carrier
- Create auto family and friends and call queues
- Generate a dynamic emergency calling network and placement configuration
- Set custom dial plans
Though this update isn’t as major because the others, Ronit announced that Microsoft is ongoing to increase their selection of supported Teams devices with the help of Teams displays and Microsoft Teams Rooms for Home windows. By providing granular device management, Microsoft is empowering admins to configure and consolidate settings, automate procedures, and trobleshoot and fix difficulties with greater efficiency.
The actual highlight, however, is with regards to device management alerts and focused device management roles.
Around the alerts side, a alternation in device health status are now able to trigger a notification for this admins. The alerts could be customized to align with prioritized devices, and could be integrated with ITSM providers through webhooks to facilitate auto ticket generation.
Around the device management role side, there’ll certainly be a Teams Device Admin role that just lets users connect to the devices portion of the Teams Admin Center. With this particular, more individuals could be assigned device management responsibilities without getting accessibility full suite of Teams admin abilities. Furthermore, Microsoft partners will have the ability to manage Teams devices for his or her customers too.
Reporting and Analytics
Finally, Ronit discussed a few of the additional features visiting the reporting and analytics parts of the Microsoft Teams Admin Center. Included in this are:
- Application usage reports
- Reports for conferences above 1,000 participants
- Troubleshooting enhancements towards the call quality dashboard, including PSTN quality/reliability data for “calling plans” and “direct routing”
Not far off:
- Live event attendee quality/reliability telemetry
- Real-time analytics for monitoring conferences and live event presenters
- Real-time analytics for finish-users
Need to see live demos of all things recapped here? Watch the entire session around the official Microsoft Ignite page.