There’s no lack of attention receiving to Office 365 this month — but understanding featuring might help your company is only the initial step to really procuring an answer. The next phase? Finding a workplace 365 migration tool that isn’t only fast, but supports a migration path that accommodates your organization’s unique needs.
To assist, we’ve added numerous additional features to DocAve High-speed Migration within our approaching release on October 4 that enhances performance, cuts additional migration costs, and expands to aid much more sources and pathways to Office 365. Preview what we’ve added in greater detail below:
- Online migration support from SharePoint 2007, 2010, and 2013
- Multithread uploading for faster migration into Azure
- Support for Microsoft’s free Office 365 migration Azure container
Though we’ve always supported migration to Office 365 from SharePoint 2007, 2010, and 2013 via drive shipping, within this release we’ve provided an alternate migration path from all of these sources. Less than sure how this can help you? Let’s perform a quick overview of the Migration API:
Drive Shipping versus. Online Migration
Like other 3rd party tools, our Office 365 migration tool leverages Microsoft’s SharePoint Online Migration API. Natively, the API enables organizations emigrate terabytes of happy to Office 365 as fast as possible and scale by conveying content from either SharePoint or file shares into packages which are then delivered to Azure in 1 of 2 ways:
- Drive shipping: This requires conveying packages onto hard disk drives, after which physically shipping these to a Microsoft Data Center. After that, a CSOM call is built to begin ingestion into Azure. Though Microsoft doesn’t have specified service level agreement (SLA), our knowledge about current customers that way has incorporated between a 12- to 72-hour wait before upload to Azure begins.
- Online Migration: This requires utilizing an Office 365 migration tool like DocAve to transmit the migration package to some specified Azure Storage Location via a network upload. With DocAve, this gives a far more seamless consumer experience, because the job of choosing the origin, content, destination, and Azure storage location can be created in a single simple plan.
If You Work With Online Migration?
Online migrations cut the additional expense of shipping drives to Microsoft Data Centers
and eliminates the chance of physical damage or
thievery. However, it’s worth noting no one technique is generally much better than another. The treatment depends on the kind of data you’re moving, the speed of the internet connectivity, as well as your timetables. (Discover more concerning the variations between both of these methods within our free Office 365 migration white-colored paper.)
The greatest benefit acquired from Microsoft’s API is its speed enhancements, that are achieved by restricting the access point calls required to move content from Azure to Office 365. The October 4th discharge of DocAve High-speed Migration compounds the rate of conventional methods with the addition of multithread technology to any or all online migrations.
Multithread uploads involve breaking lower migration packages into smaller sized packages that are concurrently submitted to Azure. As one example of: imagine you had been given the job of flowing a jar of marbles right into a box, and the only method to achieve this is thru a funnel. Rather from the entire jar through one funnel (native methods), you will find multiple funnels by which marbles can flow in to the box (DocAve).
Thread Settings for top Speed Migration Jobs
In order to alleviate the extra costs connected with Azure data consumption inside a high-speed migration, we currently offer the ability for users to employ a free, preconfigured Azure Storage Container supplied by Microsoft throughout their DocAve High-speed Migration project. Setup through DocAve is as simple as selecting “Default” when designing your migration plan. When your migration is completed, DocAve instantly gets rid of the Azure Storage container–all at no additional cost for you.
Microsoft’s temporarily provided Azure Storage Container set as Default
Likely to Ignite? Sign up for a totally free, 30-minute consultation to determine DocAve High-speed Migration’s additional features for action! This consultation may also help examine your present atmosphere and strategize to meet your company and operational objectives while overcoming any challenges in the manner.